South Morang line
Watch the video
From Sunday 22 April, the Epping line becomes the South Morang line, with a new and improved timetable for all customers on the line. These changes are part of moving to a Metro train network for Melbourne, improving the services across the city, for everyone, everyday.
What you need to know about the new timetable.
- South Morang station will open, extending the line from Epping station.
- There will be 10 new weekday services, including 8 in the peak periods.
- An eight-minute service frequency will run during the morning and evening peak between South Morang and Flinders Street.
- There will be six additional services on Sunday evening from 7pm, providing a 30 minute frequency.
- All departure and arrival times of weekend services will change from those on the previous Epping line timetable. You should check these before your next weekend travel with Metro.
Pick up a new copy of the South Morang line timetable from a premium station now or visit metrotrains.com.au